Proud Yellow Ribbon Participant


Rider University is a proud participant of the Yellow Ribbon Program. Rider entered an agreement with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs to provide a 50 percent match of tuition for established charges through the Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program to allow qualified Post-9/11 veterans to attend the university tuition free. To learn if you are eligible for this program click here.

Fast Facts

  • Rider University is a full participant in the Yellow Ribbon Program. This means that with a matching contribution from the VA, qualified veterans can attend Rider with little or no out-of-pocket cost.
  • 69 undergraduate programs and 25 graduate programs across four schools: College of Business Administration, College of Liberal Arts, Education & Science, College of Continuing Studies, and Westminster College of the Arts.
  • Campuses in Lawrenceville and Princeton, NJ.

Tuition Deferment for Veterans

Rider goes the extra mile to accommodate veterans. Veterans who enroll at Rider do not have to pay their tuition up front while waiting for their Certificate of Enrollment (COE). Once the Registrar Office receives a copy of an applicant’s U.S. Military service record and determines the veteran is eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill at 100 percent, Rider will register the students for courses and they may start earning a degree prior to receiving VA payment.

Financial Aid

Veterans are encouraged to apply for financial aid at the Office of Financial Aid, whether or not they currently receive veteran benefits. Please contact one of our Veterans Affairs Coordinators about tuition benefits for eligible veterans through the Yellow Ribbon program. In addition to applying for Financial Aid at Rider, please add that the student should complete the FAFSA online.

Services for Veterans

Services provided by Veterans Affairs Coordinators include assisting students in applying for educational benefits for veterans and veterans' dependents, certifying school attendance to the regional VA office, maintaining individual students files, and reporting to regional and state VA offices. These services are provided by the following offices:

  • Office of the Registrar (ext. 5065) for day school undergraduates, graduate students, and all Vocational Rehabilitation Students
  • College of Continuing Studies (ext. 5033) for CCS students
  • Westminster Choir College Assistant Registrar (ext. 8207) for WCC students